Sunday 8 July 2007

Fast and Easy

I don't often plan too far ahead in my meal planning. I leave room for spontaneous creativity. (And I often ask God for help in that creativity!)

A few days ago, my mother brought home two loaves of French bread from Food 4 Less that she found for 2/$1. French bread doesn't stay soft long, so I wanted to use it right away. Aha! French bread pizza! I didn't have "normal" pizza fixin's, but I improvised: canned spaghetti sauce ($.98), ground beef ($1/lb.) spiced up with Italian seasoning (ground meat does not need to be thawed before frying), and some cheese.

I added a salad and we had dinner. I was surprised with all the compliments this so very easy and fast dinner received!

This fed six adults and one toddler AND we had some left over. Cost per person: CHEAP!

No comments: