Monday 23 July 2007

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

Update: I placed third. Won $2. I have no idea how many entries there were. Maybe 3? :-)
I have entered food items in our county fair years ago when my daughters were in 4-H. It was fun and we all won prizes. Well, one of the items on my 101 list was to enter something in the fair again. Today I submitted one of my favorite recipes: Pumpkin Chip Muffins. They really are fantastic!
Below is a copy of the very easy recipe. Enjoy!
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
16 oz. canned pumpkin
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil

3 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. salt

2 c. (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips

(Note: This recipe has been adapted to healthier standards by substituting Sucanat, olive oil, freshly ground wheat flour and carob chips and still been a favorite.)

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees for 16 - 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 24 standard-size muffins.

1 comment:

Tamera - aka TJ said...

Yummy! I make these this morning - SOOO very good. I added walnuts to them for protein and about a cup of flaxseed (whole) for some good fiber. Delicious.